Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Criticism

Today, after "advertising" my new blog in several places online, I got some expected criticism. Instead of getting mad about it I decided to do something about it. I didn't really think much about how my usual grammar would bother people, but from now on I will try to fix it. So thank you for letting me know.

I actually think it is good to get criticized every once in a while. How can we fix something if we don't even know what it is that needs fixing?
It is good to be able to take criticism without feeling bad about it. We shouldn't get angry if we get criticized because it might actually help us to do better. But of course there are some cases of harsh criticism that can hurt us. We should not take them personally. People who are giving out harsh criticism that is not needed might be having a bad day, or maybe they feel bad about themselves or they might have gotten a bad criticism that inspired them to do so. Next time you think about giving somebody an "unnecessary" criticism or want to tell somebody what a shitty job they are doing, just stop and think about what you are about to do. Think how stupid and unnecessary it is and what a waste of your precious time it is. Sometimes it is the hardest thing for people to be nice to each other. And the next time you get a criticism that makes you doubt yourself, think about what you feel is right, don't let some stupid person ruin your spirit. Just go on and do what YOU want to do. Don't let them break you.

I want to share the way I look at fashion, make up, art and life, as well as learning more about it, and I would love to see all those things from another point of view (your point of view, feel free to comment). So please, keep them coming, tell me your thoughts.
I will be posting my own work on this blog. For those who don't know, I am in my first year of studying fashion design, my work is not perfect but I would love your opinion on it.

This is a project which I did with 2 other girls as a final project for one class. It is a clothing line for fall/winter 2011, pirate themed. I designed the first 3 ones.





This is a dress that I designed and made out of paper. I painted it, designed the pattern and hand painted the pattern on the dress. Then I stapled the back and front sides of the dress together. The waist line is also stapled (it is supposed to be like a stretch band for the waist).



I hope you like it! And please feel free to leave a comment.

Have a great night!

Kristin

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I agree with you about the criticism. Sometimes people just give out negative feedback because of their own negativity, but often it is very help.

The project you did with your friends is great! I really like it.

Jessica said...

Good work for taking the criticism in your stride, I love your blog!

xx

www.dreamingofidaho.blogspot.com